Improve TwitterTool to support international charset better.
AlexKing's Twitter tools is a great wordpress-twitter mashup plugin:
This plugin creates an integration between your WordPress blog and your Twitter account. Pull your tweets into your blog and create new tweets on blog posts and from within WordPress.
Latest Release: Version 1.0, 2007-05-07.
However this version TwitterTools have some problem in my Chinese blog, all Chinese characters are displayed as "???", that should be an encoding problem.
After I investigate this problem, I found it because my MySQL database's character set is not UTF-8 unicode, so TwitterTools created a table as default charset, that cause the problem. Why wordpress's posts show correct encoding? I looked through wordpress's code, and found that they will force create tables in correct encoding and won't just use default one.
After I pull some code from wordpress's wp-admin/upgrade-schema.php and plugin TwitterTools.php, problem gone! (All previous data in the table remained problem, I just delete that table and re-activate Twitter tool again. NOTE: Deactivate TwitterTools seemed not delete that table, so you need to delete yourself. )
I will email Alexking the update and he may put this changes to his next version, but before he change it, I release an non-official version here:
- Upgrading TwitterPress to support Microformats
- Upgrade WPMU to version 1.3
- TwitterPress 0.1 preview version ready to download!
- TwitterPress is under construction...
- The best analytics plugin I ever seen: Geotrack Plugin (2.0.2)
- A twitter based social network inside wordpress
- Improve TwitterTool to support international charset better.
- A wordpress plugin to fix the invalid UTF-8 data inside the feed
- Add Google Search box to blog post plugin